Manufactured at our Wurtland facility, DropBox Inc. has just completed its largest footprint to-date, the HEAF (High Explosives Applications Facility) chemical storage container. This multiyear project is 54' long and 15' wide and currently on its way to California.
Due to COVID-19, our team developed a new means of interface with the customer to support remote customer reviews during the design and manufacturing processes. This included web meetings to meet the customer's design requirements and demonstrate the functionality of various engineered systems, virtual models, and walk-throughs shot with a 360° camera.
The container contained the following interior spaces:
- Shelf Storage - 370 ft.2 of stainless steel
- Casework - 20 linear ft. of laboratory casework and counters
- Cold Storage - Allowance for customer refrigerators and freezers
- Corrosives Storage - Acid storage lockers and emergency shower
- Flammable Storage - Flammable storage lockers
- Wet Lab - 4 ft. lab hood and 10 linear ft. of casework, sink, and counters
This unit was very unique to the current practices that DropBox Inc. uses. We utilized engineers, architects, and designers from all around the country to design this one-of-a-kind container. Unique features included:
- Architectural - ADA design and H3 occupancy with 1-HR fire-rated walls
- Structural - Custom enclosure designed Seismic Design Category F with 50 ft. trench drain sloped to one end and a sloped roof
- Plumbing - Hot water supply with recirculation pump and cold water supply
- HVAC - Single-pass air system with wall-mounted HVAC supply and fume hood blower exhaust
- Electrical - Normal and emergency power distribution
- Fire Protection - Wet sprinkler system to be tied into customer site
- Design - Coordinated design documents and high-end renderings to meet customer, engineering, and architectural manufacturing processes
For more information on DropBox Inc. and its product offerings, CONTACT US HERE or call 740.532.7822 to speak to a sales associate!