DropBox Inc. has made great strides in both growing and improving upon its business since its inception in the early 2000s. With a focus on meeting customers’ needs and delivering thought-out, custom portable solutions, we have grown both our shipping container modification processes and our customer base. Through years of experience in building portable solutions for customers in the industrial and commercial construction industry, DropBox Inc. has come to understand that there are a few things that a company in the shipping container modification industry just can't do without. In this week’s edition of the Shipping Container Mods Blog we will take a look at 5 Tools Every Company in the Shipping Container Modification Industry Should Be Using.
1) Design and Engineering Capabilities. Regardless of your skills in welding and carpentry, without the right design and engineering people your shipping container modifications will never reach their full capabilities. Many states require modular structures like shipping container modifications be built to meet certain building codes. Without proper engineering and design capabilities, your portable solutions would not pass inspection and could potentially hinder your sales potential. Working with the customers that we have, we've also learned that meeting modular building codes isn’t the only design and engineering concern you'll have... Given the need to enclose highly technical equipment like battery/inverter systems, water filtration systems, and decontamination devices, and the need for them to function properly in their shipping container modifications, it's imperative that the design and engineering concerns are met with proper capabilities.
2) A Supply of High Quality, One-Trip Containers. Depending on the application for your shipping container modification, it might not be of the utmost importance to start with a "one-trip" container. For most customers though, we do find that a new one-trip container is the only way to go. In general, finding shipping containers is relatively easy. A quick search on Google or EBay and you can find shipping containers for sale, but those shipping containers aren't always in the best shape. Some used containers may be really old and have a lot of damage, rust, holes, and rotting floors. When DropBox Inc. builds shipping container modifications, we build them from new, one-trip containers. With these containers the structural integrity and dependability of your initial building component is never in question.
3) Certified and Licensed Craftsmen. Any old yahoo with a welding torch and a tape measure thinks they can build a shipping container into a storm shelter or an end-of-times doomsday cabin, but regrettably that is just not the case. Professional, certified, and licensed craftsmen can mean the difference between a satisfied customer and a lost sale. Like in any business it is important to employ individuals that can build quality products and keep customers coming back time and time again for their shipping container modifications.
4) Premium Vendors and High Quality Components. With some companies, not enough emphasis is placed on procuring the best building materials for shipping container modifications. Considering only the cost of things, corners sometimes get cut to save money, and the end product ends up being (inevitably) subpar. Finding the right vendors, vendors who can deliver high quality components in a timely fashion, can make all the difference with regards to building a high quality shipping container modification.
5) Logistics: Product Handling and Delivery. Engineering, designing, and building the best portable solution for customers is paramount, but being able to move these products is a job in and of itself. Shipping containers and shipping container modifications are not cartons of eggs and gallons of milk, they are large and heavy. Shipping containers are typically 8' 6" tall, 8' wide, and usually 20' - 40' long. They require either a large forklift, overhead crane, or roll-off trailer to move around and deliver to customers. The right logistics for product handling and delivering capabilities can be one of the best tools a shipping container modification company can have at its disposal.
We hope that this week’s edition of the Shipping Container Mods Blog has been informative. For more information on DropBox Inc. and all of our shipping container modification capabilities CONTACT US HERE or call us toll free at 888.388.7768.